As committed ‘Wessex warriors’, we are delighted that Seaxburh’s Niki Lathwell will now be able to champion Devon in an official capacity, following her appointment to the Board of Visit Devon.
Visit Devon was established two years ago with funding from Devon County Council, Exeter City Council, the Area Tourism Partnerships and DATA to help raise the profile of Devon as a destination.
The specific aims of the Company are:
- To promote Devon as a tourist and holiday destination in the UK and to overseas markets
- To provide Devon based businesses and organisations with valuable marketing and promotional opportunities
- To provide members with service and business opportunities to assist them to become more profitable and sustainable
- To act as the collective representative for tourism in Devon and to ensure action is taken to create the best environment to allow the communities’ sector prosper
- To provide research, statistics, data and market intelligence and analysis. This will be communicated to businesses and organisations in the community in order to improve their offerings and competitiveness
For more information on what’s on and in this fabulous county, visit the Visit Devon site.